1. Our church has been formed to personally know, fellowship with, serve, and bring glory to God. To have a personal relationship with the Lord is where real life today and eternal life is to be found. Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly?" (John 10:10). "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3). Therefore, all that we do as a church is to promote and encourage entering into a deeper relationship with God that we might fulfill His purpose for our lives.
2. Our church has been formed to teach people the Word of God so that they might know and fellowship with God. Our supreme desire is to teach the Bible from cover to cover. We believe that its timeless truths can lead people to experience His life-giving power which will set them free from whatever bondage they struggle with in their personal lives. Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32). It's not enough to merely know the truth, you must hold to His teachings and put His Words into practice in your personal life.
3. Our church has been formed to lead people into true worship of God through loving one another, prayer, song, and service to others. We desire that people come into a personal, living, and powerful experience in worship. We believe that people must have a continual "new song" as they worship Him. Therefore, we give great prominence in our services to singing, prayer, and waiting upon the Lord. During our worship times we remain flexible to the Spirit's moving, pausing to allow for congregational prayer and the exercise of the gifts of the Spirit in an orderly and reverent manner.
4. Our church has been formed to minister to marriages and the entire family including children and single adults. We accomplish this task through counseling and teaching through our couples, children's, youth, and young adult ministry. We believe that if we strengthen marriages that we strengthen the family, which strengthens the church, which in turn strengthens our community. Since 1994 our church has produced a marriage publication entitled Covenant Keepers, which is used in over a thousand churches both nationally and internationally to encourage couples. In addition we have produced other discipleship and apologetics materials for youth and adults to develop a solid ground for their faith.
5. Another major focus of our ministry is missionary outreach. We believe that reaching the lost through evangelical outreaches and missions trips overseas and here at home is essential for a healthy church. Therefore, during the summer we go to the Pismo Beach Pier to share our faith with any that will listen. Periodically we send teams to the poor in San Diego and orphanages in Mexico. We also send individuals, teams of adults and teens to overseas destinations to evangelize and minister to the practical needs of others.
Each of these areas of focus for our ministry springboard from our God centered world-view. Our world-view is founded on the fact that He is the creator of all men and all things visible and invisible. God desires all men to know Him, follow Him, and experience His saving grace, which will transform their lives. The Scriptures are the primary source of God's truth as revealed to man, which gives us absolute truth to guide and govern our lives. We acknowledge our complete need for God's care and guidance in our everyday life and the life of our church.